Sunday, November 13, 2022

Arrival (review)

         "Arrival" is a sci-fi/thriller movie that had quite a profound meaning in the philosophical way of understanding humanity and life. Though it centers around a sudden arrival of extra-terrestrial creatures, it does not fall into the type of sci-fi movie where the aliens came to conquer earth or eradicate humanity, no, their arrival meant something else entirely that left me thinking about my view and perception of life, and a deeper understanding of humanity. 




It is rare for me to watch a movie, much less for it to have an impact, the manner at which the aliens were introduced were as mysterious as its arrival on earth in the movie, their spaceships were scattered throughout the globe resulting to multiple countries taking cautions, and trying to work together to uncover these unknown creatures' motives and solving a world-wide dilemma. I really liked how in the movie, humanity although was hostile towards the aliens, still tried their best to understand and communicate with them in order to create a sense of unity between two entirely different species. 

"Language is the foundation of civilization, it is the glue that holds the people together, it is the first weapon drawn in a conflict". A quote stated in the beginning of the movie, and a quote that is shown in the entirety of the movie, I can't say any more without having to spoil the movie, albeit it's slow-paced, it makes up for it by being meticulous, it's a solid 9/10 for me and I would recommend watching it.

1 comment:

  1. I would definitely check out this movie! I need a refresher after the upcoming Quarterly Exams! Goodluck to us!

    ReplyDelete

My desired course in college

         I actually had a few other options on what course I wanted in college, Philosophy, Psychology, Economics, development studies, lega...